275/365 Learning to crochet





So I  am starting on another of my 24 in 12 goals, learning to crochet! My darling BF bought me the book and starter kit of wool and a crochet hook. But after reading the starting instructions several times I decided I needed to consult with an expert, my Mum! She has been crocheting every day for years and is self taught, she gets given wool by Charity shops, which she takes home and knits into beautiful colourful blankets, which she takes back and they either then sell in the store, or send out to Africa or wherever blankets are needed. I like to think many an African child cuddles up in one of my Mums hand made blankets to sleep in every night :) I just about managed a chain and a line of single crochet stitches... woo! Next is half double crochet and an attempt at some fingerless gloves! Watch this space! So far I am really enjoying it, its just the right amount of thoughtfulness and concentration, and then relaxing repetition. I had SUCH a full on week at work last week, that it seems to have taken me all weekend to get over it, just ready for the next week :( Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment