Time for a new door to open! I have been reading on a few other blogs how people set themselves a goal list, usually "30 before 30" i.e. 30 things they want to do before they reach the age of 30, since if I include the age in mine, it might depress me ( *grin*) I decided that this year instead of a New Years Resolution list - which every year is the same old list "Get Healthy", "Exercise More" etc, and quite frankly is too boring and gets forgotten every year by February at the latest. I decided for 2012 I would write a list of things I wanted to do or try during the year instead.
Then me being me, I got very excited and wrote the list immediately, and have already started planning some of them! So I thought "bugger it! I don't want to wait until 1st January to get started!" So in typical "Jules style" my New Year starts tomorrow - 1st November, you never know it could become a new tradition!
So here they are: 24 adventures in the next 12 months (1st Nov 2011 - 31st Oct 2012) or 24 in 12 :)
- Learn to crochet - I'm starting!! and getting excited! and my first real project!
- Start a second photography blog - Done! see here
- Buy a macro lens and get into macro photography
- Start a vintage camera / accessories collection - Started!! Check them out! and some more added here!
- Experiment with some coloured paint in our VERY white and beige house!
- Visit Windsor Castle
- Start an inspirational photographic book collection
- Make some home made fudge
- Buy a book of poetry
- Re read Bleak House & A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Explore Richmond Park - Started! here, here and here!
- Go on a thrifting spree! - online! who knew? and more great finds!
- Go back to Maui, and Miami on the way!
- Visit Butterfly World with my family
- Try selling something I have made on E bay or Etsy - First items posted for sale! and no luck selling any!!
- Watch an Ice Hockey match
- Go on a picnic - carpet or real one :)
- Go back to Iceland - Planning to in Feb 2012!
- Try falconry
- Go ice skating
- Print some of my photos on canvas - you can see them here!
- Go to a jazz / blues club
- Make some funky paper projects using old maps and papers - First project completed here! and another here!
- Start a daily diary - started!