216/365 Contemplative or Meditative Photography



I found this great article in an online Photo blog I subscribe to about contemplative or meditative photography. Really interesting slant, and something I can so identify with. For me, I do "loose myself" when shooting, it's that wonderful state where you are concentrating on one thing only, and completely aware of that and nothing else. I think one of my favourite things about the 365 project is instead of "turning on" my photographic eyes now and then when I have a camera in hand, I now feel like I see always with photographic eyes. Which for me means I see the interesting and the beautiful in the everyday. Driving to work this morning and stuck in commuter traffic, I wasn't stressing about being late, I was looking in amazement at the spider webs covered in dew, glowing in the morning sunlight looking like exquisite jewellery, I was looking at the newly cut grass like a velvet ribbon, I was watching birds of prey circling above the hills (and wishing I could ditch work and spend time photographing it all of course!) It also makes you look at photos differently, I like this shot above because its not really about the grass and the water, but the colours and the patterns, and I made it deliberately abstract so that  it's more about the feeling of calm, than it is about "what it is" :)

1 comment: