183/365 Waistcoat Restyle






The BF had a lovely pin stripped waistcoat which had an acid burn (car battery - say no more!) in the back, and also on the inside lining. So I decided to see if I could bring it back to life with a new funky back and lining. I wasn't sure if it would work, and had no idea where to start, but we bought some funky purple material in John Lewis when we were in London the other day and I took it apart and then cut out the same size pattern from the new material and hand sewed it back together again. It came out SO much better than I thought it would, and I covered the inside burn with a little handmade "By Jules" label :) It took me a good 4 hours, but I REALLY enjoyed the challenge and the result! And the BF is delighted :)

2 comments:

  1. I must check my wardrobe to see if I have any repairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you SO must! i am really into it at the moment, what about some funky hems - maybe pink for the trousers you wore to the party!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete