154/365 And on the subject of necklaces







I hang this plastic Pirates of the Caribbean "Piece of Eight" by my front door, it's not exactly classic fine jewellery! But it reminds me of a really cool night on a work trip in the Bahamas, where the theme of the night was (you guessed it right?) Pirates of the Caribbean. Very weird and cool to see all my work colleagues and their partners looking "piratey" to various degrees! I started off being very sniffy about the whole thing and my only concession was a navy / military style jacket, but of course as the rum flowed and I found they had bought loads of props for people to dress up in, I went Pirate Crazy and looted all I could (see what I did there!) and ran around "shooting" people (including the Global VP of Sales - oh dear) with my plastic musket :) Fun night! There were actors in Pirate costume and various piratey activities to do (I just concentrated on the drinking one!) and ended with a band on the beach til midnight and fireworks. So every time I leave  the house on a grey and cold "summer's" day, I see this necklace and have a little smile inside remembering that night! 


PS Doesn't the BF look HOT as a pirate!? Albeit I am slightly biased... 

No comments:

Post a Comment