149/365 Chillin'



I find these days that it's all to easy for me to slip into continuous "work mode". When work is intense and full on, I can find myself logging onto my laptop at 6am and working through until 7pm with only a 20 minute break in there twice a day to commute to and from the office, and perhaps 10 minutes eating a salad with one hand while typing with the other. It then becomes really hard for me to switch out of that mindset even when I am at home. So I start to have that "achiever mentality" about shopping, cooking, washing, catching up with friends and family, and even relaxing. It all has to be done NOW and have a GOAL and be as efficiently done as possible. Then I suddenly find nothing is making me laugh, my creativity is dried up, my head is too full to watch TV or read a book, I can;t be bothered to get a camera out, and I can't see the lightness in life any more. Balance in life is hard for me to achieve always, I am a bit of an "all or nothing" person generally, and sometimes this works to my advantage sometimes not. Once I decide to exercise or eat well or work hard, it's pretty much done. Equally sometimes I need to just STOP doing, and start being. So today, after the requisite thorough hoover and dust of my house, so I feel like I have done something useful, I will spend the rest of the day sitting outside in my flower garden, drinking litres of water and reading an awesome new book and getting lost in the plot and the beauty of the writing (John Le Carre - "The Mission Song" - since you ask :) I will be spending hours deep conditioning my hair, and playing with my jewellery box contents - mixing and matching, reading blogs, watching Sex & The City re runs, and gloriously, unashamedly doing NOTHING much at all! Hello Jules, bye bye Work Jules til Monday :)

1 comment:

  1. I am liking this positive vibe and yes very important to find the outside work Jules a bit more when work is intense :o)

    ReplyDelete