85/365 “Dipping below Safe Operating Levels”



This is a phrase the BF has coined to describe me when I am tired / hungry / thirsty / hormonally challenged, in the same way that a piece of complex engineering has several measures and dials which must be in safe operating levels to continue working correctly. It makes me laugh every time he says it, because it couldn’t be MORE true that when any of these crucial measure are “off” for me, I do have a tendency to revert immediately to the status of a grouchy toddler, loose all sense of perspective and become irritable and petulant. It’s a reminder to me that looking after myself does affect my mental and emotional state, and not just the other way around. I think the BF wishes sometimes though that I had a set of dials like on this beautiful classic car dashboard in the photo, as that would make the operating levels much easier to monitor…..*grin*

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love it. This is SO true for us girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) it is! i think i need my own Executive Dashboard! haha!

    ReplyDelete