35/365 On Coldplay,The Prodigy, Excel and local Councils



Look at the stars, 
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh all the things you do
Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know for you i bleed myself dry
For you i bleed myself dry

Its true look how they shine for you



Posted this blog the day after the day before, which is just as well, as it was "one of those days" ....too many hours (and i mean hours) staring at the same excel spreadsheet, a lovely commute home in standstill traffic, to find a letter from the council telling me to cut back 2 inches of a bush slightly overhanging a pavement  on the boundary of my house, within 14 days or they would fine me £275. So serene Coldplay lyrics were not the kind of music running through my head at that point in time, it would have been more likely to have been Prodigy, "Firestarter" (which has coincidentally actually been called my "theme tune" more than once in the past, much like the use of the nickname "Trouble", i mean really - am i that much hard work?) or "Smack my b*tch up" However, a fun filled / chilled / pasta and wine containing evening and a good sleep later, and it's all floaty lyrics and pictures of Spring :) Which reminds me of that saying "This too will pass" Which is what i am supposed to think when the emotional red mist descends (instead of hearing in my mind the opening bars to Firestarter.........)

No comments:

Post a Comment